One of the most amazing inventions and luxuries that we have in the modern world is hot water piped into our homes. Which is why it is such a tragic event when your water heater breaks down… and it will eventually break down.
In fact, S.O.S. Plumbing knows water heaters last between eight and ten years, so odds are you’ll go through several while owning a home. With that in mind, we thought it would be a good idea to talk about how to select the right water heater.
Types of Water Heaters
There are a variety of water heaters available:
- Conventional storage – This provides a hot water storage tank.
- Tankless – It heats water up directly without the need for a storage tank.
- Heat Pump – This transfers heat from one place to another instead of generating heat directly.
- Solar Water Heater – These use the sun to heat your water.
- Tankless Coil and Indirect – These heat your water using your home’s space heating system.
Other Water Heater Criteria
- Fuel type, availability, and cost are the prime motivators in deciding which system to go with.
- Size is important because you don’t want to have something too small and not have enough hot water, yet you don’t want to have too much size and waste money.
- Energy efficiency is another key factor, especially when we’re talking about not wasting money.
- Cost is, of course, a big deal. After all, if you can’t afford it then it isn’t going to do you any good.
About S.O.S. Plumbing
S.O.S. Plumbing is an Angie’s List “A” rated business that earned a reputation for dependable, affordable plumbing. Based in the Coachella Valley, we service many of the desert communities by providing quality residential service and repair, drain cleaning, water and gas re-pipes, and more. When you need our services visit www.sos-plumbing.com.